At Future we sometimes include phone interviews as part of our selection process for a job. Here are a few of our tips to get the most out of the phone interview before and during:
1) Be somewhere quiet where you won’t be disturbed. If you are on a mobile phone make sure you have signal.
2) Read the job advert and job description before the interview so you are clear on the role
3) Do some research on Future!
4) Make sure you know who you are going to talk to and their job title
5) Have a copy of your CV and application with you so you can refer to them during the phone interview
6) Be ready to talk through your CV, explaining roles and any gaps in employment
7) Prepare a question or two to ask at the end of the phone interview
8) Know what your notice period is and your salary requirements
9) Find out about the next stages of the interview process and when you may hear
10) Find out if it is a job you would enjoy and the key skills needed in the job